- a & m shoe repairA & M Shoe Repair
- accents plusAccents Plus
- airsource rogersAirsource Rogers
- all the caringAll the Caring
- bell mobilityBell Mobility
- bell mts connectBell MTS Connect
- bento sushiBento Sushi
- canadian foodgrains bankCanadian Foodgrains Bank
- chef express of indiaChef Express of India
- cherry creek cafeCherry Creek Cafe
- chester fried chickenChester Fried Chicken
- city jewellersCity Jewellers
- court newsCourt News
- crosier kilgour & partnersCrosier Kilgour & Partners
- design a cut Design A Cut
- dkf fashionsDKF Fashions
- downtown biz chatDowntown Biz Chat
- dynamic cellularDynamic Cellular
- family dynamicsFamily Dynamics
- foot lockerFoot Locker
- freshcut downtownFreshCut Downtown
- gateway lottoGateway Lotto
- gks clothingGKS Clothing
- grace shopGrace Shop
- horizon eyecareHorizon Eyecare
- horizons learning centreHorizons Learning Centre
- ilrc dart centreILRC Dart Centre
- imarketing solutions group inc.Imarketing Solutions Group Inc.
- independent living resource centreIndependent Living Resource Centre
- international clothiersInternational Clothiers
- investors groupInvestors Group
- joey's only seafoodJoey's Only Seafood
- koodo mobileKoodo Mobile
- literacy worksLiteracy Works
- manchu wokManchu Wok
- manitoba chamber orchestraManitoba Chamber Orchestra
- matador restaurant Matador Restaurant
- mesh hair designMesh Hair Design
- mrs. vanellisMrs. Vanellis
- nails 2000Nails 2000
- oriental giftsOriental Gifts
- payless shoesPayless Shoes
- pita pitPita Pit
- prairie theatre exchangePrairie Theatre Exchange
- public interest law centrePublic Interest Law Centre
- santa claus parade officeSanta Claus Parade Office
- service canadaService Canada
- shawarma expressShawarma Express
- shoe warehouseShoe Warehouse
- shoppers drugmartShoppers Drugmart
- silver connectionSilver Connection
- skywalk chiropracticSkywalk Chiropractic
- stitch centreStitch Centre
- stitches mega warehouseStitches Mega Warehouse
- studio 393Studio 393
- sunrise health foodsSunrise Health Foods
- suzy shierSuzy Shier
- t-bar expressT-Bar Express
- taco timeTaco Time
- thai expressThai Express
- the matador restaurantThe Matador Restaurant
- the shiny companyThe Shiny Company
- the sourceThe Source
- tim hortonsTim Hortons
- true north dentalTrue North Dental
- university of winnipeg legal help centreUniversity of Winnipeg Legal Help Centre
- upbeat artworksUpbeat Artworks
- uptown sportsUptown Sports
- urban 101Urban 101
- vietnam expressVietnam Express
- virgin mobileVirgin Mobile
- warehouse oneWarehouse One
- wishes and dreamsWishes and Dreams
know someone who is hard to buy for? not sure what to get? you can’t go wrong with a portage place gift card. it can become a great pair of shoes, a theatre event, lunches, sports gear or whatever they choose.ALL ABOUT GIFTS
downtown watch ambassadors provide safewalks for added reassurance for downtown workers, visitors and residents. when working late or leaving an event in the dark, some people find it intimidating to walk to their car or bus stop alone. the downtown watch are out on downtown’s streets to assist you, and welcome any calls for safewalks.
for a safewalk, call the downtown watch at 958-safe (7233).FOR YOUR COMFORT
this is the beginning of a process, or a call to action, strengthened with informed community partnerships, and indigenous leadership. together we collectively aim to amplify, inform and celebrate the full potential of our indigenous community. celebrating indigenous art, heritage, culture and more has the potential to instill a collective pride and understanding. strategic investments in youth education, training, and entrepreneurship are the cornerstones to a city of prosperity, health and stability for our indigenous community and a more resilient winnipeg. portage place has active partnerships underway with indigenous community leaders, along with groups such as the bear paw. our plans to expand the breadth of diverse events and promotions at portage place includes many opportunities to celebrate indigenous art, heritage and culture.INDIGENIZATION OF OUR DOWNTOWN AND CITY
with the population of over 16,000 residents, and the recent arrival of new residents in the newest downtown towers, downtown is becoming a neighbourhood again. homes including glasshouse skylofts modern design 21 storey residential glass tower, directly across the street from the mts centre with approximately 200 loft-style suites and the 234-unit heritage landing soaring above the tree lined assiniboine riverbank, will spur success. residents eagerly anticipate the opening of d-condos on the banks of the assiniboine river, and the beginning of construction of skycity. this mixed-use development will be the tallest building between toronto and calgary, home to over 400 luxury suites. as businesses move downtown, so do people who choose to live so close to work that they won’t need to buy winter boots. portage place provide access to shopper’s drug mart, the ymca, and a full range of health and beauty and grooming services that residents need every day.LIVE DOWNTOWN
this includes extended food court use with or without food purchase and extended stay in the mall with no intent to purchase.LOITERING
developers and investors recognize the growing desire of millennials to live in areas where they work, and where they don’t have to drive everywhere. walking, cycling and car-sharing are important to them. downtowns across north america, with their history, uniqueness and non-auto centric genesis, are best positioned to cater to this market; and so too is downtown winnipeg. portage place, being central to the skywalk system fits the walking model of downtown, year-round!MILLENNIALS AND DOWNTOWN
• 290 vaughan street
• entrance off colony
• pay and display meter
• accepts visa/mastercard/bills and coinONE CANADA SURFACE LOT
• surface lot - 356 ellice avenue (behind the air canada building)
• surface lot - 290 vaughan street, entrance of colony street
• street parking on carlton street, ellice avenue and vaughan streetOTHER OPTIONS
if you’re new to winnipeg, or just looking for the latest transit schedules, we are here to help. stop by or call us at (204) 925-4410
tourism winnipeg has the latest on winnipeg’s festivals, events and mustsees.
winnipeg transit can help you get from point ‘a’ to wherever you need to ‘b’.
http://winnipegtransit.com/enOUT AND ABOUT
with over 90 shops, restaurants and services in the heart of downtown winnipeg, a portage place gift card makes an easy gift choice for any occasion. pick one up in customer service on the second floor!
with a portage place gift card, your staff or co-workers can enjoy lunches, choose some jets or bombers gear, fresh flowers, jewellery a great selection of clothing and shoes, or even a pte theatre event. pick one up in customer service on the second floor!PORTAGE PLACE GIFT CARDS
• 6’11” clearance mall access closed midnight – 06:00
• after hours – use intercom button between overhead doors at carlton street. PORTAGE PLACE PARKADE
• entrance off vaughan street
• meters accept visa, mc, coins, and bills PROMENADE / WEBB PLACE
with pop-ups popping up downtown over the last several years downtown, it clearly indicates that there is a consumer appetite to support local entrepreneurs willing to test the market. portage place connects to the graham transit mall through the skywalk system, which should see increasing foot traffic year-round as commuting becomes more convenient.RAPID TRANSIT AND STREET CARS WILL LEAD TO A DIFFERENT A BETTER CITY
portage place is a private property and we reserve the right to enforce centre policies and guidelines. failure to follow these policies and directions or requests of security may result in your removal from the centre and potential charge under the trespass to property act.RESTRICTED MALL AREAS
with pop-ups popping up downtown over the last several years downtown, it clearly indicates that there is a consumer appetite to support local entrepreneurs willing to test the market. welcome pop-ups! as portage place continues to develop our community focus through partnerships, unique events and promotions, pop-up stores and kiosks are the perfect opportunity to test your concept.RETAIL POP UPS WILL PRIME THE NEXT WAVE OF DOWNTOWN RETAILERS
the great density realized will have an impact, however the key to success will include retail storefronts along existing sidewalks. we need smaller spaces for entrepreneurship to flourish and create new experiences for guests. portage place has a series of unique space options, from kiosks and skywalk retail spaces to full storefronts, that can provide year-round climate controlled access.THE JETS WIN THE STANLEY CUP?
• they aren’t influenced at all by advertising.
• they review blogs before making a purchase.
• they value authenticity as a higher importance than content.
• they want to engage with brands on social networks.
• they are brand loyal.
• they expect brands to give back to society. portage place is host to many authentic, local businesses and services who connect with our diverse communities. and portage place engages our community, through unique events and promotions and partnerships with downtown community groups.THE RE-POSITIONING OF DOWNTOWN RETAIL
our city is growing and buzzing.
downtown biz 2015-16 anual report
physical investment in our downtown is about to double, from over $2 billion invested over the last 10 years, to the same amount over the next five. developments such as true north landing, skycity condos, and many more residential and mixed-use development are redefining our skyline.
people are investing in winnipeg\\\\\\\'s downtown
development and investment
- total built (2005-2009): $783,190,000
- total built (2010-2015): $1,118,870,000
- investment planned (as of july 2016): $1,264,800,000
people are moving in to winnipeg’s downtown
- residential units
- total built (2005-2009): 674
- total built (2010-2015): 768
- residential units planned (as of july 2016): 1,213
highlights of the 2013 downtown trends report
- 69,000 people work downtown on weekdays.
- 24,260 students come to school in the core, up from 16,000 in 2007.
- 1,812 housing units have been constructed since 2005, with 845 more planned.
- there are 4 million annual visits to the forks, 1.5 million annual visits to the millennium library, and 1 million annual visits to the mts centre.
- bicycle commutes to the downtown rose 60% to 6,200 commuters since 2009.
- 86% of people said downtown was clean, a 23% increase from 2004.
- 90% of people said they feel safe downtown during the day, a 33% increase from 2007.
here’s how portage place fits in.Why Portage